In my last post “Thank You 100”, I mentioned that I woke up yesterday morning to two surprises. Well… this is the second surprise! While I was fast asleep, a beautiful blogger by the name of Jaya Singh nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. So, I want to send out a huge thank you to Jaya for including my blog in her list of nominees for this amazing honor. Much love to you, my friend! 🙏
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Create a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate a few bloggers that you would like to give this award to
- Go to the blogs of those you have nominated and let them know in their comments section that they have been chosen to receive this award (be sure to provide a link to the post showing your award)
THE STORY BEHIND COUCH TALKS, WISDOM & A CUP OF JOE:
My blog was inspired by something that my parents and I always do whenever we spend time together, especially after having dinner. When we finish eating, we gather in the living room, chill on the couch and just talk about everything, while sipping some coffee. Ever since I was a teenager, we would do this (except I didn’t start drinking coffee until I got into college). During those moments of bonding, we go down memory lane and share stories from our lives and reflect on the lessons we have learned from our experiences. The couch in my mom and dad’s living room has a significant meaning in my life. It is the place where I’ve shed tears of pain and joy. It is the place where I have received encouragement, love and motivation. On that couch, I have been handed many reality checks about myself and life. It is on my parents’ couch where I have found wisdom and inspiration. So, when I created this blog, I wanted it to be a “cyber” couch for you guys — a place where you can come to get wisdom, encouragement, love, motivation and that human connection that so many people nowadays are craving for. I want my blog to be one of your goto spots, whenever you need to be uplifted.
As for my name… Manessah B. is my pen name. I always said that, if I were blessed to have a daughter, I would name her Manessah. So, I’m borrowing my future daughter’s name, until she arrives in my life. ☺️
MY ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS:
- Let your soul speak when you write and don’t aim to impress anyone, or try to write in a way that you feel will get you likes, or a reblog. Just stay true to who you are.
- Be patient and trust that your words will resonate with someone. Don’t give up when you post that kick-ass poem and only 1 person liked it. It will have its moment to shine, so give it time.
So, now is the time that I need to nominate some amazing blogs to receive this award.
Here are my nominations. Please check these amazingly talented and inspiring bloggers out, when you get a chance.
Thank you, again, to all of the readers and my followers for the love that you show. Sending all of you my light and love!
Couch Talks, Wisdom & A Cup of Joe